Institutional Mission and Goals
Expanded Statement of Purpose (2014-2015)
Johnston Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational and community enrichment opportunities for the successful development of learners.
- Support student achievement of academic goals, enhanced employment opportunities, or transfer to four‐year colleges.
- Collaborate with appropriate agencies and groups to meet workforce and community needs.
- Ensure high quality and continuous improvement in all programs and services.
- Provide specialized training to ensure future institutional leadership.
- Promote and recognize the diversity and achievements of faculty, staff, and the student body.
- Provide and support personal and cultural enrichment, outreach, and community based programs, activities, and events that reflect the diversity within the community.
- Create, maintain, and enhance a safe environment conducive to learning.
- Ensure the efficient, appropriate, and effective use of all available resources.
- Secure alternative sources of funding.
- Engage in strategic planning, ongoing quality improvement, and responsiveness to community needs.
Strategic Areas of Emphasis
- To restructure orientation and advising to increase opportunities for student success.
- To refresh, enhance, and expand the College's technology infrastructure to support student, faculty, and staff increased demands for connectivity, security, safety, and learning.
Approved by the Board of Trustees 11-14-13. Effective 2014-2015.