Vision, Mission, Purpose and Goals
Johnston Community College will be the preferred choice of the communities it serves for quality higher education and training initiatives.
Johnston Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational and community enrichment opportunities for the successful development of learners.
- Ensure Student achievement of academic goals, enhanced employment opportunities, or transfer to four‐year colleges.
- Collaborate with appropriate agencies and groups to meet workforce and community needs.
- Provide and support personal and cultural enrichment, outreach, and community based programs, activities, and events that reflect the diversity within the community.
- Enhance student success.
- Enhance the student experience.
- Enhance funding for programs, services, and infrastructure.
- Enhance college image to external constituents.
- Enhance the organizational climate for employees.
Approved by the Board of Trustees 9-14-16. Effective 2017-2020.