Instruction to Bidders
Before bidding, read the following instructions and comply with the terms and conditions
as outlined below.
- Bidder completes the front side of Bid Sheet.
- Type or print name, address, city, state, zip and phone number in the space provided
in the upper right hand corner.
- Type or print in the appropriate line(s) the bid amount(s) for the item(s) bid on.
- When mailing bid, address as follows:
Sale Bid No.__________
Johnston Community College
PO Box 2350
Smithfield, NC 27577
- Bidder has the responsibility to have the bid sheet in the Purchasing Office prior
to the specified time and date of the bid opening. Bid sheets may be submitted as
- Bidder places bid sheet in the bid box located in the Purchasing Office.
- Bidder may mail bid sheet.
- Bidder need not be present at bid opening.
- Bidder(s) awarded high bids will be notified by mail of the award if not present at
the bid opening.
Terms And Conditions Of Sale Of JCC Surplus Property
- Johnston Community College (JCC) reserves the right to remove any item prior to bid
sale, from the bid sale.
- No guaranty or warranty on the part of JCC is offered on items sold. All property
is sold "AS IS" and "WHERE IS". Under no circumstances will a refund or adjustment
be made on account of property not coming up to the standard expected. Loading, hauling
etc. shall be assumed by the buyer unless otherwise indicated.
- Payments must be made and property purchased removed within fifteen (15) calendar
days from the date of the sale. Items that are not paid for and removed within 15
days will be re-sold to the second highest bidder. Payments may be made to the Business
Office Cashier in the form of cash, cashier’s check, certified check, or money order.
Personal checks will not be accepted. *Purchasing personnel will not accept payments. Payments can only be made to the
Business Office Cashier. JCC will exercise its usual care for protection up to the time of removal, but will
not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever.
- JCC reserves the right to reject any bid.
HUB Mission Statement
It is the intent of the Board of Trustees of Johnston Community College to encourage
and promote equal opportunities for Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs) in
order to foster more diverse participation in all aspects of procurement and contracting
opportunities at Johnston Community College (hereinafter "Johnston CC").
Further, it is the policy of the Board of Trustees of Johnston CC (hereinafter "Board
of Trustees") to prohibit discrimination against any person or business on the basis
of race, color, sex, religion, or national origin.
The North Carolina E-Procurement Service is a statewide initiative to bring new efficiencies
to the State through the use of Internet technology and streamlined processes. As
a result of this new initiative, Johnston Community College (JCC) is required to use
NC E-procurement service.
We are requesting that all of our vendors register online at www.ncgov.com, and then select Statewide Vendor Registration. To continue to do business with JCC,
vendors must register with this service. If you need assistance with vendor registration,
you can reach a representative at 1-888-211-7440.
We look forward to working with you now and in the future.