- What do I need to do to enroll at Johnston Community College?
- You must complete an application and request that official transcripts from
high school and all colleges be sent directly to the Admissions Office (Johnston
Community College, PO Box 2350, Smithfield, NC 27577). When this
information is received, the Admissions Office will contact you regarding
possible placement testing or to schedule an interview with a counselor.
- Is there an application fee?
- How do I get a copy of my high school transcript?
- You must request a copy in writing from the last high school you attended
and include your signature and social security number. Make your request using the Request for Transcript (pdf) form.
- I've taken classes through Community Development & Lifelong Learning. Do I still need to
fill out an application?
- Can I take classes if I don't have a high school diploma?
- Possibly, you will need to contact a counselor.
- Can I transfer credits from another college?
- Possibly, if the course(s) you completed are the same as the course(s) at
JCC and you have a grade of "C" or better.
- I've taken classes at JCC before, but it's been awhile. What do I need
- Your first step is to complete a new
application and then contact the
Admissions Office to determine if your records are still on file.
- I don't want to take classes for credit. What do I need to do?
- You must still complete the admissions process, but you may register to
audit the classes you wish to take or you may take Continuing Education classes.
- What degrees are available at JCC and what are the requirements for the
- Program listings provide descriptions and requirements. You may also refer to the current JCC Catalog.
- How do I get a copy of the JCC Catalog?
- Current and recent Catalogs are available in PDF format. You may also stop by or call the Admissions Office to request a Catalog.
- How much will it cost for me to go to JCC?
- Tuition is set by the N.C. General Assembly. Tuition information is provided for current rates for residents and non-residents and any additional fees.
- Will I have to take any tests?
- You are required to take an online computerized placement test (Accuplacer)
to determine English and math placement unless: a) you have 450 or higher on the
verbal and math sections of the SAT, b) you have an ACT score of 19 or higher on the verbal and math sections, c) you have potential transfer credit in English and/or math, or d) you took the Accuplacer in high school in which case you will need to bring your scores.
- Why do I need an interview with a counselor?
- A counselor will assist you with any questions you have, review placement
test scores and/or transcripts, and place you into English and math courses.
- Does JCC have a new student orientation?
- All students in certificate, diploma, and associate degree programs are
required to complete ACA 111 (College Student Success) and/or ACA 118 (College and Study Skills).
- What kinds of services are provided for students with disabilities?
- A variety of services are available for students with qualified
disabilities. Detailed information is available.