Advanced Rider Course
Advanced Motorcycle Rider Course
Prerequisites: Valid motorcycle license or endorsement. Riders must provide their own street-legal and safe motorcycle. The Riders motorcycles will be inspected for safety by the coaches and the motorcycles must meet the safety requirements outlined by the MSF to be permitted to participate.
- This is a one-day course (based on the military Sport Bike Rider Course) for experienced riders who desire to learn and practice more in-depth riding techniques.
- Class is held on Saturday - 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Class involves small group discussions, interactive activities to address personal risk management strategies (to discuss options for cornering, braking, and swerving, and to improve visual perception to identify collision traps.
- On-cycle range exercises provide practice in cornering, braking, and swerving.
- Students must wear an approved helmet, over-the-ankle footwear, long pants, a long sleeved shirt or jacket, full-fingered gloves, and protective eyewear during the training.
- There is no skill test in this course.
Upcoming Course Dates
Classes will be added to the listing as they become available.
|Course Number||Course Dates|
Ready to Register?
- Fill out the registration form and return it with the non-refundable registration fee in the form of a check, money order, or valid credit or debit card.
- If you are a Johnston County high school student, fill out the Concurrent Enrollment Form.
- Faxed registrations are accepted with a valid credit or debit card only. Fax to 919-209-2189 (credit or debit card only)
- The registration fee for the BRC course is $125.00 per student, the registration fee for the ARC course is $80.00 per student, and the registration fee for the ERC course is $75.00 per student.
Classes are filled as registration fees and forms are received by the college based on the date of postmark on the envelope.
If we are unable to honor any choices, your check will be returned and will need to be resubmitted with a new registration form.
Mail the completed form along with the registration fee to:
Johnston Community College
Attn. Motorcycle Safety Program
P O Box 2350
Smithfield, NC 27577
For more information, please call 919-209-2168