Stay the Course | Scholarship
We are pleased to announce Stay the Course, a new scholarship initiative that allows qualifying high school seniors to complete their associate degree tuition-free after graduation.
This scholarship provides a seamless transition to college and covers the full cost of tuition and fees for 12 or more credit hours per semester. Students are eligible for up to four semesters of continuous study. Students must enroll full-time (12 or more hours) and must apply for federal financial aid. The scholarship does not cover the costs of textbooks/e-Texts.
“This scholarship will enable qualifying high school seniors to complete their educational pathway, earn their associate’s degree, and graduate from JCC in two years or less,” said Dee Dee Daughtry, vice president of instruction. “It’s an excellent opportunity for high school students who have already demonstrated aptitude and success in college coursework to finish what they started at JCC.”
- Seamless transition to college
- Financial support to more easily complete educational goals at Johnston Community College.
- Comprehensive advising and support
- Career planning
- University transfer transition services will be provided
- Successfully completed 12 or more CCP Credits from Johnston Community College and/or any other NC community colleges. Must submit transcripts for CCP Credits earned outside of JCC.
- Student’s Johnston Community College GPA must be 2.6 or higher for eligibility and continued participation in this scholarship program.
- The Stay the Course Scholarship covers Tuition, Activity Fees, Technology Fees, and
- (Books/e-Texts are not covered under this Scholarship).
- Scholarship is limited to four semesters of continuous enrollment
- (requirement excludes summer sessions)
- First priority will be given to the 2019 high school graduates meeting all criteria.
- Graduates from previous years meeting these same criteria may be considered pending availability of funds.
- Reapply to the college as a college curriculum student
- Register as full time at Johnston Community College which requires 12 or more hours.
- Must be deemed a North Carolina Resident by the North Carolina Residency Determination Service (RDS).
- Student must have applied for financial aid using the FAFSA (Free Application for
Federal Student Aid) and submitted all required follow-up documents.
- Eligibility for Federal and State aid must have been determined.
- If eligible, all federal and state aid must be exhausted before Stay the Course Scholarship funds are applied.
Have immediate questions? Please contact the Financial Aid Office at 919-209-2036.