Johnston Community College

  Search WebAdvisor for Classes  Blackboard  Jaguar Alerts  Appointment Plus  Ed2Go Online Courses  Student Google e-Mail  Outlook Faculty/Staff e-Mail   Find Us On Facebook!   Schedules and Registration - WebAdvisor JCC's QEP - Quality Enhancement Plan
Scenes from JCC
 Browse by Program:
Site Content
corner of main content section
Skip Navigation LinksApply for Financial Aid :: Financial Aid :: Home

Apply for Financial Aid

First and foremost, all male students must be registered with the Selective Service System before they can be eligible to receive student loans, Pell Grants, or other forms of school financial assistance. Male students can now register with Selective Service online.

Information for a Pell Grant

There are three ways to apply for a Pell Grant:

  1. Go to to complete the FAFSA.  JCC's school code is 009336.
  2. Call 1 800 4 FED AID to request a paper copy of the FAFSA to complete and mail in.
  3. A PDF version of the FAFSA is available for download at

To receive the Pell award the student must be fully enrolled in a course of study, have submitted all required documents, and have a correct student aid report.

Procedure to Receive a Pell Grant Checklist

  1. Complete an application to JCC and to complete the FAFSA.
  2. Obtain all academic transcripts from previous schools.
  3. Take the placement test, if required.
  4. Get into a Pell eligible course of study (see counselor).
  5. Present additional information if requested.

For Pell Grant Application assistance, call 919-209-2036.

Records You Will Need

  • Previous year completed federal tax form*
  • All previous year W-2 forms*
  • Driver's license (student only)
  • Social Security card (student only)
  • Parent's Social Security Number (dependent students only)
  • Parent's date of birth (dependent students only)

*If you are under the age of 24, no children, and not married, you need your parents previous year federal tax returns and W-2's to be able to complete the application.  No exceptions.

Records You May Need

  • Record of amount of disability received in previous year
  • Record of amount of Taxable Social Security benefits received in previous year
  • Record of amount of child support paid or received in previous year
  • Pensions, annuities, retirement income
  • Record of untaxed income (retiree account statement)
  • Current mortgage information (if owning rental property, a business, or a farm)
Johnston Community College | 245 College Road | PO Box 2350 Smithfield, NC 27577
(919) 934-3051 - - Copyright © 2014, All Rights Reserved.