Whispers from the Garden
Gardening To Do List:
- Make sure garden beds have 3-4 inches of mulch to keep soil temperatures regulated and moisture retained during the warmer months.
- Water containers daily, vegetable gardens twice weekly, and landscape beds once weekly.
- Do yourself a favor and stay ahead of unwanted weeds.
- Now is the time to take semi-hardwood cuttings for propagation.
- Avoid heavy fertilization and pruning which can stress plants.
- Keep mower blades sharp to promote a healthy lawn.
- Continue scouting for diseases such as brown patch and bag worms.