Welcome to the Computer Lab
Located in the Wilson Building, Room 2007, the Computer Lab is open to currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff who need computer access to complete online assignments/quizzes/tests/exams, access Blackboard or WebAdvisor and check e-mail.
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
To use the Lab, all students must:
- Show a current Johnston Community College ID on each visit.
- Sign-in to our Acculite visits tracking system.
- Sign out upon leaving.
- Follow all posted lab rules.
- Refrain from disturbing others by remaining quiet and respectful.
- Turn cell phone on vibrate mode and exit the Computer Lab to use their cell phones.
*No food or drinks are allowed
*No children or visitors are allowed
JCC Faculty/Staff Guideline
JCC faculty/staff members who need accommodations for their class as a whole will need to contact the Computer Lab Supervisor for seating availability.
The Computer Lab Assistants can assist with hardware and software issues only
They may not assist students with coursework and/or test completion. Tutoring Assistance is available through Academic Skills Center.
All students, faculty, and staff who use JCC’s technology resources must comply with JCC’s Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
The Computer Lab currently has 38 networked computers, a flatbed scanner/printer, and 2 black and white laser printers.
The following software/applications are currently available in the computer lab:
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Adobe Reader, Flash, and Shockwave Player
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Live Movie Maker
- Cortez Peters Keyboarding
- Keyboarding Pro Deluxe
- Aleks 3.18
- PaperCut Print Management NG
- Gadwin Printscreen
- Comprehensive Medical Terminology v 4.0
- Understanding Health Insurance Medisoft v 16
- Law, Liability, & Ethics for Medical Office Professionals
- Integrated Accounting v 7.0
- Start-Stop Universal Transcription System
- Medisoft v 16
- Python 3.4
- Pro Landscape
- Spring Charts
- HP Solution Center
*Please Note: No software may be installed on computers without IT Department approval.