Continuing Education Registration
JCC Continuing Education offers diverse, flexible classes that include self improvement, updating and upgrading to meet increased job demands, and a variety of general interest offerings. For information, please call (919) 934-3051.
All Continuing Education classes/instructors provided are subject to change due to specific circumstances and low enrollment may result in class cancelation. All registered participants will be notified in either event. Please refer to the Continuing Education Refund Policy below.
TBA on the schedule indicates that information is To Be Announced at a later date.
Enrollment in Continuing Education courses is open to anyone age 18 and over on a first-come, first-served basis.
Courses are listed under the program area links on the left side navigation. Please note that some course information may have changed since publication.
Preregistration is a necessity! Because space may be limited for some classes, advanced registration is required for all Continuing Education courses with the exception of Basic Skills. All Continuing Education classes/instructors provided are subject to change due to specific circumstances and low enrollment may result in class cancelation. All preregistered students will be notified in advance of any changes to classes. If you are not pre-registered, you may not receive notice of changes.
Students must register at least five calendar days prior to the class start date. Students may pre-pay registration fees in one of the following methods:
- Come by the Records & Registration Department in the Wilson Building, Room C1513, to complete the registration form. Payment can be made at the Cashier's Window beside the Bookstore in the Wilson Building. Hours for registration and payment are Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Complete the Continuing Education Registration Form (PDF format requires the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader) and mail to the Continuing Education Division along with appropriate registration fee(s) to the address listed at the top of the form.
- Fax registrations paid with a MasterCard or VISA credit card to (919) 209-2189 Attention: Registration
- To register online, simply click the WebAdvisor link here or located on the JCC Home Page, and click on “Continue to WebAdvisor”. Next, select the Continuing Education button, and then select “Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes”. You may search for classes using a keyword, course name, start or end dates, location, or instructor’s last name. Select the class you want, and click “Submit”. Complete the registration process. Please be advised that payment must be made using a credit card.
- If a company/agency is planning to pay for tuition, fees, books or supplies, this authorization form: Student Sponsorship Form, must be printed on company letterhead, signed and submitted.
Students attending the Cleveland Center may prepay registration fees by calling the Cleveland Center at (919) 989-2128 for times available to register.
Students attending courses at the Workforce Development Center may pre-pay registration fees from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday through Thursday.
Johnston Community College offers numerous courses on the main JCC campus in Smithfield as well as at its off-campus centers in Cleveland, and Kenly. JCC also offers unique training opportunities at the Howell Woods Environmental Learning Center in Four Oaks, and the Workforce Development Center in Clayton.
Students are responsible for purchasing their own supplies and/or text material as needed prior to class and to be paid separately from registration fees. For information regarding store hours, books, or book prices please call (919) 209-2104 or e-mail email@example.com.
Teacher Renewal Certification
Teachers and teacher assistants seeking renewal certification credit should contact their employing agency or the N. C. Department of Public Instruction for approval prior to taking any course.
Continuing Education Refund Policy
- A student who officially withdraws (in writing) from a Continuing Education course prior to the first class meeting is eligible for a 100% refund upon request.
- A student may be eligible to receive a 75% refund of the registration fee if the student officially withdraws (in writing) from the course after the class begins but prior to the 10% census date (10% of total course hours).
- A student would not be entitled to receive a refund if he/she withdraws after the 10% census date (more than 10% of total course hours.
- Courses offered as self-supporting, denoted by (SS) beside the course title, are not eligible for a refund as these programs are funded by registration fees collected.
- Students are eligible for a 100% refund if the class is canceled by the College.
Course Repetition Policy
A special provision of the State General Assembly concerning course repetition became effective July 1, 1993.
- Students who take an occupational extension course more than twice within a five-year period shall pay their cost for the course at a rate based on current contact hour value. Students shall be primarily responsible for monitoring course repetitions; however, the College shall review records and charge students full cost for courses taken more than twice.
- Students may repeat occupational extension courses an unlimited number of times if the repetitions are required for certification, licensure, or recertification.
Minors on College Property Policy
Underaged persons as minors shall not be left unattended in vehicles or on the main campus or on an Off-Campus Center, and shall not be brought to class by students or employees.
The practice of bringing minors to campus, such as for class, shall be considered as a potential disruption for others and shall be understood to place the College in a position of liability.
Minors may accompany parent or guardian students to the main campus during registration and other appropriate times; however, unattended minors shall not be permitted on College property while parents/guardians are attending class.