This 220-hour course provides students class/lab/clinical instruction in blood sampling and specimens for laboratory analysis. Upon completion, students are eligible to take the National Certification Exam.
Estimated Program Cost
Background Check and Drug Acreen: $120
Phlebotomy Handbook: $105.47
Name Tag: $4.25 with tax
Proper Uniform for Clinical: $30
BLS Class: $77.75
ASCP Exam: $125.00
*All prices are subject to change
- Current BLS card, Must be for Healthcare Provider.
- Two matching government ID cards (Photo driver's license/social security card/military or passport).
- High School Diploma/GED/ High School Transcript – if not must pass reading test.
- High School Students require a Duel Enrollment Form signed by principle before first day of class.
- Must be 17 years of age or older at time of registration.
To register, bring copies of the following to the Registration/Orientation:
- Your completed Registration Form (PDF)
- A copy of your High School diploma or equivalent*
- Valid Driver's License
- Current HealthCare Provider CPR card**
- Social Security Card
*If you have not completed high school or have a GED, you must take a reading placement test (PDF).
(High School students must complete a dual enrollment form.)
**You must be certified in BLS (CPR) for Healthcare Providers for this class. Please call (919) 209-2522 to register.
BLS (CPR) is offered the second and fourth Saturdays each month. Cost is $77.75.
Please note: Class space is limited and enrollment is on a first-come first-served
Please be advised that clinical hours are during the day (7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
2019 Fall Semester
August 6 - November 20, 2019
Tuesday/Wednesday, 6PM - 9PM
Clinical times TBA
August 22 - December 18, 2019
Monday/Thursday, 6PM - 9PM
Clinical times TBA
For more information, please first contact:
Ruth Ann Lanier
Administrative Assistant for NA Programs
If no reply within 24 hours, then contact:
Connie H. Grady
Department Chair of Health Education and Nurse Aide Programs
Public Safety Services J1130