Course Repetition and Audit Policy
Grading SystemCourse Repetition and Audit Policy
Credit by Examination/Experience
Grade Point Average (GPA)
Military Service Training
Minimum Class Size
Removal of 'I' Grades
Academic RegulationsGrading System
- A student may enroll in a course no more than three times for credit or audit.
- A course may be repeated to improve a grade or replace a withdrawal.
- All grades, including the record of an audit, and credit hours attempted will appear on the student's official transcript and will be utilized in determining eligibility for financial aid. However, only the higher grade will be used for computing total credit hours attempted, total quality points earned, and quality point averages (GPAs).
- Exceptions to this policy may be made with prior approval by the vice president of curriculum instruction.
- This policy does not apply to developmental courses.
To audit, a student must register for the course and pay regular tuition. The last date to register to audit a course is the last day of the late registration period, as specified in the Academic Calendar.
Students who audit courses must abide by the College attendance regulation and are encouraged to take tests and to participate in class discussion, but are not required to do so.
A grade of "AU" is given for record purposes.