Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Paramedic Training and Education
EMS Training and EducationEMT Basic Program
EMT Intermediate Program
EMS Paramedic Training and Education
EMS Certification Courses
EMS Continuing Education calendar
Tactical Medical Operator
Johnston Community College EMT-Paramedic ProgramWelcome to the EMT-Paramedic Program at JCC! We thank you for choosing JCC for your education needs and look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
COURSE INFORMATION:Printable pdf version
EMT-Paramedic program is a year-long EMT Basic to Paramedic credential that is offered on a shift friendly schedule. Here are a few highlights of the class:
- Classes will be held on JCC main campus in the Public Safety Service Building (PSSB) starting Monday June 2 and Thursday June 5, 2014 at 8:30am. *Preregistration is mandatory*
- Year-long course with one class per week: Monday or Thursday; 8:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Students must attend their registration day (Monday or Thursday) for the first 10% of class hours.
- Occasional mandatory weekend classes per course schedule. Schedule provided at orientation.
- ACLS, PHTLS, PALS, PEPP, ALMS certifications included in Course. Card fees not included in registration.
- Graduation May 18, 2015
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Credentialed as NC EMT.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS card. You may register to take class at (919) 209-2168 if you are not currently certified.
- Completion of EMS 3000; Anatomy and Physiology (co-requisite).
- Successful completion of an entrance exam assessing reading comprehension on the post-secondary level, English language skills, and compliance with the mathematical skills on the high school grade level.
Johnston Community College / Public Safety Service Complex
245 College Road Smithfield, NC 27577
Packets MUST be completed and returned by April 25, 2014
- Anatomy & Physiology: EMS3000
- NC Paramedic Refresher Course / National Registry Refresher / NR Transition Course
National Registry Prep/ExamTwo Days; Both days are required.
Registration is $65.00 plus National Registry exam fees.
Fire, Rescue and EMS may qualify for tuition waiver ($65.00 each section).
Register at Orientation
|For more information, contact:|
|Jeremy W. Beal|
EMT Paramedic Program Coordinator
AHA Coordinator/ EMS Instructor