Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Training and Education
EMS Training and EducationEMT Basic Program
EMT Intermediate Program
EMS Paramedic Training and Education
EMS Certification Courses
EMS Continuing Education calendar
Tactical Medical Operator
The EMS education program offers courses designed to improve emergency health care to the public and serves as the American Heart Association Community Training Center. The program offers courses to all health care professionals current with the latest technology including:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - Provider and Instructor
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - Provider and Instructor
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) - Provider and Instructor
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) - Provider and Instructor levels
Certifications and Courses include:
- EMT - Basic, Intermediate, and Paramedic
- Emergency Vehicle Driving Courses - TBA
- Medical Responder to EMT Bridge Course: Evening
- Tactical Medical Operator (56 Hours)
- Continuing education courses consistent with NC State requirements for providers in Johnston County.
- An EMS 2-year degree program is also available.
To receive tuition waiver:
- Fire and EMS personnel must be listed on an official 2013 Johnston County agency roster on file at JCC.
- Out-Of-County Fire and EMS personnel must submit a letter on official department letter head that includes documentation of active membership, position and that this course is necessary for your job. One letter can list multiple members from an agency.
- All students must pay $2.50 for AHA Healthcare Provider card at orientation.
|For more information, contact:|
|Jeremy W. Beal|
EMT Paramedic Program Coordinator
AHA Coordinator/ EMS Instructor