Back to Class
JCC ALUMNI BACK TO CLASS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMJohnston Community College Foundation wants you to come back to class!
Received a curriculum certificate, degree or diploma or graduated from JCC with a certification in Bioworks, EMS, Fire 1 or 2, or Nursing Assistant 1 or 2? You could be eligible to receive a scholarship to come back to class.
Scholarships will pay for tuition for up to three curriculum credit hours or up to 50 continuing education contact hours. If the selected class is more than three curriculum credit hours or 50 continuing education contact hours, only that portion will be covered by the scholarship. Students will be responsible for any remaining class cost. In addition, scholarship recipients are responsible for any books and/or course materials and student fees. Should you have any student fees or additional class fees, please be prepared to pay those fees the day of your session.
To apply for the Back to Class scholarship opportunity, you must attend one of the following sessions:
- Tart Building in Smithfield on Tuesday, November 12 at 11:30 a.m.
- Workforce Development Center in Clayton on Tuesday, November 19 at 5:00 p.m.
- Learning Resource Center in Smithfield on Thursday, November 21 at 5:00 p.m.
- Learning Resource Center in Smithfield on Tuesday, January 14 at 5:00 p.m.
Sign up to participate in the “Back to Class” Alumni Scholarship program
Use Appointment Plus to register for an upcoming session. Once on the Appointment Plus page, scroll down until you see “Back to Class Registration” on the left sidebar and sign up for the date that works best for your schedule. You may also contact the Foundation Office at (919) 209-2222 to register.
At these sessions, you’ll hear more about the Back to Class program, learn about class opportunities, and get registered for the Spring Semester. JCC alumni who meet the program qualifications will receive a scholarship for up to three curriculum credit hours or up to 50 continuing education contact hours.
Click here for a list of course opportunities and search for sections.
What to expect when you arrive:
- Check in at registration
- Attend a brief information session where you will learn more about course opportunities
- Breakout into your area of interest – curriculum or continuing education where you’ll need to fill out some paperwork
- Meet with an advisor
- Register for your class
- Pay for any student fees or additional class fees (you will not be able to register for your class without paying)
- Get ready to come Back to Class!