Board Member Expectations
The Board of Directors has adopted and approved a delineation of expectations and responsibilities for those people who choose to serve on the Board. The Board desires to fully recognize and appreciate that each Board member brings definitive and diverse talents and energies to provide support for the Foundation. Truly, the Board fulfills its Purpose due to the marvelous and varied contributions of its membership.
The members of the College Foundation have personally agreed to meet these expectations.
- Make a personally significant gift to the College Foundation annually.
- Review and consider one's capacity and willingness to make a planned gift or estate bequest to the Foundation.
- Seek and secure, and/or position other Foundation/College representatives to secure, gift support from prospective donors.
- Serve the Foundation by implementing philanthropy strategies through personal and professional contacts and influence with others.
- Serve as a representative and advocate within the community in order to advance the Foundation, Johnston Community College and their missions.
- Identify and pursue alliances and collaborations within the community, region, and state for enhancement of the Foundation and Johnston Community College.
- Identify and recommend potential nominees and candidates for membership to the Foundation Board.
- Attend and participate in meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Serve on Foundation standing committees, task forces, or special project teams.
- Provide support for, and participate in, the Foundation's Special Events and programs.
- Support the Purpose of the Foundation and adhere to provisions contained in the Bylaws.
- Provide for the fiscal and general oversight and policy direction of the Foundation.
- Respect the confidentiality and security of personal and financial matters presented to the Foundation and about current and prospective donors.
- Serve the Foundation as a whole rather than any special interest group or constituency, and avoid conflict of interest with the College or the Foundation.
- Hold the Board of Directors and its other members accountable for the Purpose, financial viability and effectiveness of the Foundation.
- Provide information to the Foundation President or Vice President on the performance of Foundation staff members.
- Celebrate the accomplishments and successes of the College Foundation!
Foundation Board of DirectorsBoard Member Expectations