EMS Training and EducationEMT Basic Program
EMT Intermediate Program
EMS Paramedic Training and Education
EMS Certification Courses
EMS Continuing Education calendar
Tactical Medical Operator
Medical Responder Initial classes are offered through area Fire Departments and industries on an as needed basis. This course meets requirements for the NCOEMS and upon successful completion of the class, the student is eligible to sit for the NC Medical Responder exam.Registration/Orientation: Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Registration is $180. Registration will be completed at orientation
Time: 07:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Location: Four Oaks Fire Department
301 Keen Road
Four Oaks, NC 27524
- 83 total hours
- Weekly classes Tuesday and Thursday nights 07:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday classes according to schedule, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- AHA Healthcare Provider; $2.50 card fee charged at registration is current card will expire during course
- Course ends February 18, 2014
- printer-friendly pdf
- High School Diploma or GED
- Students must be 18 years of age prior to the end of class
- AAOS Emergency Medical Responder 5th Edition book and workbook
Rescue and EMS may qualify for tuition waiver ($180 fee).
To receive tuition waiver:
- Fire & EMS personnel must be listed on an official Johnston County agency roster. Provide a copy of the current roster at registration. Roster must include position and the current year.
- Out-Of-County Fire and EMS personnel must include at registration a letter on official department letterhead that includes documentation of active membership, position and that this course is necessary for your job. Letter must be dated for current semester. One letter can list multiple members from an agency
- Improper documentation at registration will result in tuition payment requirement before student will be allowed to register for class. This may affect guaranteeing you a slot in class.
- ***Private owned agencies and non-emergency transport services do not qualify for tuition waiver***
For more information, contact:
Director of Emergency Services