Multicultural Male Leadership Program
The mission of the Multicultural Male Leadership program at JCC is to develop minority males into leaders by introducing them to opportunities for development in and around Johnson County. The Multicultural Male Leadership Program and its members build positive relationships in the community and in the public schools of Johnston County by participating in service projects and volunteering with at-risk youth.
Program Goals and Objectives:
- Develops present and future leaders by attending leadership development conferences and building positive peer-to-peer relationships.
- Increases retention, graduation, and transfer to 4-year college and university rates among minority males at JCC.
- Develops education reclamation initiative to encourage high school dropouts to complete their G.E.D.
- Provides peer-to-peer mentoring for individuals completing the requirements for their G.E.D.
- Provides bi-weekly workshops that cover topics such as leadership development, college transfer, interviewing skills and professional etiquette.
- Provides academic counseling, advising, and tutoring.
Please contact Josefvon Jones
at (919) 209-2144 for more information.