Admission Criteria: Pharmacy Technology
Health Sciences ProgramsAssociate Degree Nursing
Cardiac and Vascular Sonography
Emergency Medical Science (EMS)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Nuclear Medicine Technology
Applicants will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants must:
- Submit a completed application to Johnston Community College.
- Official transcripts from high school and all colleges sent to JCC.
- Have graduated or will graduate from a high school or the equivalent, as recognized by the State of North Carolina.
- Have earned a minimum grade of “C” or higher in one unit of biology or one unit of chemistry or the equivalent.
- Have earned a minimum grade of “C” on one course in algebra.
- Complete the College placement test if required.
- Place into ENG 111 and DMA 060.
- Be interviewed by an admissions counselor after completing the college placement (if required) and/ or all official transcripts have been received by the College.
- Applicants must have met all admission requirements and submitted program specific application to be considered for admission into the Pharmacy Technology program. Applicants are admitted on a first-come-first-served basis. The College reserves the right to extend the application deadline when warranted.
If admitted, students must:
- Attend a mandatory orientation by the program director on designated dates.
- Show satisfactory completion of physical and emotional health by the student’s primary care provider (College will provide approved forms).
The College reserves the right to change any restrictions or program requirements at any time. Johnston Community College will make every effort to lessen the inconvenience any changes created for the students.
|For more information, contact:|
Program Director, Pharmacy Technology