Instruction to Bidders
Before bidding, read the following instructions and comply with the terms and
conditions as outlined below.
- Bidder completes the front side of Bid Sheet.
- Type or print name, address, city, state, zip and phone number in the
space provided in the upper right hand corner.
- Type or print in the appropriate line(s) the bid amount(s) for the
item(s) bid on.
- When mailing bid, address as follows:
Sale Bid No.__________
Johnston Community College
PO Box 2350
Smithfield, NC 27577
- Bidder has the responsibility to have the bid sheet in the Purchasing
Office prior to the specified time and date of the bid opening. Bid sheets may be submitted as
- Bidder places bid sheet in the bid box located in the Purchasing
- Bidder may mail bid sheet.
- Bidder need not be present at bid opening.
- Bidder(s) awarded high bids will be notified by mail of the award if not
present at the bid opening.
Terms And Conditions Of Sale Of JCC Surplus Property
- Johnston Community College (JCC) reserves the right to remove any item
prior to bid sale, from the bid sale.
- No guaranty or warranty on the part of JCC is offered on items sold. All
property is sold "AS IS" and "WHERE IS". Under no
circumstances will a refund or adjustment be made on account of property not
coming up to the standard expected. Loading, hauling etc. shall be assumed
by the buyer unless otherwise indicated.
- Payments must be made and property purchased removed within fifteen (15)
calendar days from the date of the sale. Items that are not paid for and
removed within 15 days will be re-sold to the second highest bidder.
Payments may be made to the Business Office Cashier in the form of cash,
cashier’s check, certified check, or money order. Personal checks will not
be accepted. *Purchasing personnel will not accept payments. Payments can
only be made to the Business Office Cashier. JCC will exercise its usual
care for protection up to the time of removal, but will not be responsible
for any loss or damage whatsoever.
- JCC reserves the right to reject any bid.
HUB Mission Statement
It is the intent of the Board of Trustees of Johnston Community College to
encourage and promote equal opportunities for Historically Underutilized
Businesses (HUBs) in order to foster more diverse participation in all
aspects of procurement and contracting opportunities at Johnston Community College
(hereinafter "Johnston CC").
Further, it is the policy of the Board of Trustees of Johnston CC
(hereinafter "Board of Trustees") to prohibit discrimination against any person
or business on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, or national origin.
The North Carolina E-Procurement Service is a statewide
initiative to bring new efficiencies to the State through the use of Internet
technology and streamlined processes. As a result of this new initiative,
Johnston Community College (JCC) is required to use NC E-procurement service.
We are requesting that all of our vendors register online at
www.ncgov.com, and then select Statewide
Vendor Registration. To continue to do business with JCC, vendors must register
with this service. If you need assistance with vendor registration, you can
reach a representative at 1-888-211-7440.
We look forward to working with you now and in the future.