Student clubs can make many positive contributions to the accomplishment of the objectives of the College. Accordingly, participation in approved student clubs that operate on the campus is encouraged.
Procedures for organizing and securing approval of student clubs are outlined below.
- A group of students who wish to organize a club should
submit a petition
(Fillable PDF: 50KB/1p)* to the vice president of student services for recognition and
approval to operate as a student club.
- A copy of proposed club by-laws must be attached to the petition.
- The petition must contain the names of the organizers of the club.
- The petition must contain the name of the faculty advisor of the club.
- The vice president of student services will review the petition and make a recommendation to the President. Final approval is subject to the administration.
- Student clubs approved to operate on the campus are
- Submit annually the Club Information form (Fillable PDF: 66KB/1p)* to the student activities director.
- Sign annually the Statement of Open Membership (PDF: 47KB/1p)*.
- Request approval of the vice president of student services to conduct special events, social functions, fund raising drives, or other activities.
- Abide by college regulations concerning the receipt and expenditure of club funds.
*PDF requires Acrobat® Reader™.