2013-2014 Academic Year
APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN IN JANUARY 2014
The Ambassador application is available to all students who have earned a preferred cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher at Johnston Community College. JCC students must have completed at least 12 credit hours, be a full-time student, and be in good standing in the community and the institution.
High school students must have a preferred cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher and must be in good standing in the community and in high school.
The 15 Student Ambassadors are selected through a process including the application, two (2) references (one from Johnston Community College or high school faculty/staff and one personal) and an interview.
Please be sure to thoroughly review the selection process, the list of what is expected of a Johnston Community College Ambassador, exclusions from the program rules, Ambassador benefits, and the Student Ambassador Contract before you apply.
Apply Now!If you are interested,
- Please print and complete this application which includes six essay questions
- Two (2) reference forms (one from Johnston Community College or high school faculty/staff and one personal)
- Print and sign the Ambassador contract
- Please note: *The Selection Process includes a formal interview*
Mail your completed information to:
245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Mandatory Activities (All Ambassadors must participate)
- Registrations and Orientations
- Must complete an Ambassadors Honors and Leadership Course (Summer)
- Ambassador Training Sessions (Summer)
- Dinner Meetings (Off-campus)
- Monthly Campus Meetings
- Campus Tours
- Annual Donor Appreciation and Scholarship Recipient Dinner in August
- Annual Foundation Golf Tournament in October or November
- Annual Distinguished Citizen Dinner in April or May
- 4 public speaking engagements each year
- Complete one service hour per week in the Student Services/Foundation Office
- Participate in 2 service projects as designated by Advisors and Ambassadors
Other Ambassadors Events (attend as schedule permits)
- Country Music Showcases in August, October, December, February, April, and June
- High School College Days (assist Johnston Community College Recruiter)
- Promote goodwill and help others
- Other functions and events as requested
- Must complete both Fall and Spring Semester as a full-time student (earning minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) during the academic year of appointment.
- Must fulfill academic requirements for attendance and complete assignments in all courses.
- Must have and maintain a preferred 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average (those who fall below the preferred 3.0 can be evaluated and placed on probation for 1 semester at the discretion of the Advisors).
- Must be in good standing with the college and in the community.
- Must provide two reference letters (one from Johnston Community College/high school faculty or staff and one personal).
- Ability to complete one service hour per week in the Student Services/Foundation Office.
- Must not serve as a Student Government Association officer during the academic year of appointment (Student Ambassador and Student Government positions each require significant time commitments).
- Successful interview.
- Enrolled for less than 12 hours (or drop below 12 hours)
- Loss of good standing in community or institution
- Cumulative grade point average of less than the preferred 3.0
- Seek nomination for or become an SGA Officer
- Failure to fulfill the standards of the program (including attending meetings, completing honor/leadership course, and performing weekly service hour)
- Full tuition, activity and technology fees paid for one year FOR FALL AND SPRING ONLY (in-state rates only)
- Personal development and socialization
- Jacket, polo shirt, and nametag
- Opportunities to meet community and state leaders and develop acquaintances with trustees, faculty, staff, etc
- Being part of a small excellent group of students who represent Johnston Community College
NOTE: Termination or withdrawal from the Ambassador program requires the return of all items provided by Johnston Community College. Failure to return items will result in a hold placed on all grades released and future transcript requests.