Junior Leadership Johnston
Mission of Junior Leadership Johnston:
Junior Leadership Johnston is a program to assist emerging youth in their efforts to prepare for leadership positions in business, community, education and government affairs.
- At least one student will be selected from each of the Johnston County High Schools, including Neuse Charter School and Johnston County Home School.
- The summer program will be held June 19-23, 2017
- A mandatory orientation will be held prior to the program week to familiarize parents/guardians/participants with the specifics of the program.
- There are five days of programmed activities. Attendance is required to complete the program.
- There will be classroom exercises each day and tours of local businesses/agencies as well as panel discussions
- Students will work in teams to produce a project related to the week of activities to be presented at the award banquet on Friday evening.
- Thanks to the generosity of Duke Energy sponsoring the program, there is NO COST to participate.
- Must be a sophomore/rising junior in high school
- Must have a A/B grade average
- Must attend one of the nine public high schools, Neuse Charter School or be home schooled in Johnston County
- Must participate in all sessions if selected
Must complete application electronically and submit application and reference letter
Junior Leadership Advisory Board
135 Best Wood Drive
Clayton, NC 27520
Applications may be obtained from the Career Development Coordinator (CDC) at the public high schools or by completing this application.
The deadline to submit an application is March 3, 2017.
2016 Junior Leadership Johnston members