Vision, Mission, and Goals
Johnston Community College will be the recognized leader in North Carolina for academic success and workforce development, and will be known as an institution with students, faculty, and staff who value individuals as equally important, offer equitable treatment, and foster a sense of belonging for all partners.
Johnston Community College provides accessible, equitable, high-quality educational and community enrichment opportunities for the successful development of learners.
- Ensure student achievement of academic goals, enhanced employment opportunities, or transfer to four‐year colleges.
- Collaborate with appropriate agencies and groups to meet workforce and community needs.
- Provide and support personal and cultural enrichment, outreach, and community-based programs, activities, and events that reflect the diversity within the community.
- Provide specialized training to ensure future institutional leadership.
- Promote and recognize the diversity and achievements of faculty, staff, and students.
- Create, maintain, and enhance a safe environment conducive to learning.
- Ensure the efficient, appropriate, and effective use of all available resources.
- Secure and maintain appropriate technology to support the needs of faculty, staff and students.
- Secure alternative sources of funding.
- Ensure high quality and continuous improvement in all programs and services by engaging
in strategic planning, assessment, and data-informed decision-making.
- Engage students.
- Empower employees.
- Strengthen communication.
- Enrich programming.
- Augment resources.
Approved by the Board of Trustees 9-2-21. Effective 2021-2026.