JCC's Fitness Center is located in the Smith Building (Building G) and includes a
weight room, aerobics room, and gym lockers. Access to the Fitness Center is closed
to the general public.
Access to the Fitness Center:
JCC students may only utilize the Fitness Center as part of a class or school approved activity.
All employees (full-time, part-time established, and part-time) may utilize the Fitness Center with a signed waiver of liability form, to be submitted to the Campus Police and Security Office for ID badge programming. Once processed, forms will be submitted to the Office of Human Resources to be filed in the employee's personnel file.
Click here to access the Gym Assumption of Risk Waiver (PDF)
Employees may not use the gym facilities while scheduled classes are in session. Open gym hours change with each semester, depending on when classes are scheduled for student use.
The Fitness Center is available for employee use at the following times this semester:
|2020 SPRING SEMESTER|
|Mondays & Wednesdays||Before 7:45 AM
After 2:00 PM
|Tuesdays & Thursdays||Before 9:00 AM
Between 12:30 PM-5:45 PM
After 8:00 PM
|Fridays||Available All Day|
|After-Hours, Weekends & Holidays||Available All Day
Note: On occasion, all, or part of JCC's gym facilities may be temporarily unavailable
when being used by our BLET or other pre-approved groups.
College Gym Use Policy:
- All employees (full time, part time established, and part time) may utilize the gym
with a signed waiver of liability form to be filed in the employee’s personnel file.
- JCC students may only utilize the gym as part of a class or school approved activity.
- Unauthorized use of the facility is prohibited and considered trespassing.
- Appropriate clothing is required at all times.
- Only clean, closed-toe, closed heel athletic shoes with non-marking soles are permitted
in the gym.
- No animals, with the exception of service animals, are permitted in the gym.
- Bikes, hoverboards, rollerblades, and skateboards are prohibited in the gym.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited inside the gym, with the exception of electric carts
to assist persons with disabilities.
- Movement of any equipment/furniture may only be conducted by college staff. All fitness
equipment should remain in the part of the gym where it was originally located. Improper
use, or unapproved modifications, of equipment beyond the manufacturer’s purpose are
- Use of outside training materials, especially items that may be mistaken for a weapon,
must be approved by the college’s administrative council.
- Injuries, accidents, or equipment failures should to be reported immediately to JCC
Campus Police and Security.
- The use of tape or other marking materials is prohibited on walls, doors or floor
- Requests for approval to post flyers, signs or posters are to be directed to the Vice
President of Student Services.
- Anyone requesting to take photographs or video in the gym must request permission
from the college’s marketing department.
- We encourage and support persons with disabilities to bring trained assistants as
- Food is prohibited. Drinks must be kept in a closed container.
- Glass products, alcohol, smoking, e-cigarettes, vaping or tobacco products are prohibited.
- Use of the gym is a privilege. Anyone violating guidelines, including verbal, and/or
physical abuse of employee(s) or user(s), criminal activity, disorderly conduct, or
inappropriate behavior is subject to:
- Immediate removal
- Suspension of membership
- Administrative referral to the Office of Student Conduct under the Student Code of Conduct or other applicable guidelines
- Criminal action
- The college reserves the right to implement any additional guidelines that protect the health and safety of the facility and its users.