How to Register
Step 1: Online Enrollment (Creating access to your online classroom)
To enroll in a course, you may browse the course catalog by area or specific course. Once you have selected your course, click the "Enroll Now" button to complete the online enrollment/orientation process. This is a MANDATORY PROCESS that will allow you to create a username and password to enter your course. You must still complete the "Online Registration Form." (See step 2 below)
Step 2: Registration and Payment
You MUST turn in the Online Registration Form along with your payment at least 5 business days (EST) before the class begins. Registrations received after the start date cannot be processed until the next course start date.
Make sure you sign the registration form before submitting to JCC.
Registration Fee: $70 and up (subject to change)
*ed2go courses do not charge the CAPS fee
If PAYING BY CREDIT CARD, REGISTRATION WILL CONTACT YOU for payment within 2 - 3 business days after your registration form is received. Please provide a contact number on your form.
Form submission by mail:
Up to 5 business days (EST) before the class begins, mail check or money order, with your registration form to:
Johnston Community College
Attn: Records & Registration (ed2go)
P.O. Box 2350
Smithfield, NC, 27577
- Certificate & JCC Credit (2.4 CEUs) Requirements:
- To print or receive a certificate of completion and credit from JCC, you MUST complete Quiz 1 from Lesson 1 by the census date (10% point). This will be the first Friday following your start date.
- To receive certification units, you must complete the final exam and receive a 70% or higher. The minimum is 85% or higher for certificate programs.
- Failure to complete both requirements will result in no Continuing Education units for taking your class. (Your online course may state otherwise for your quizzes. However, our Quiz 1 requirement is for Continuing Education (CEU) units with JCC that will go toward a future transcript if desired and recorded in our system.)
- Please make sure that you complete the registration form in addition to the online enrollment.
- Books for online courses are NOT stocked in the JCC Bookstore
- Refer to the link in the requirements section during your orientation to purchase books. Note: Only a few courses require books.
- When purchasing books online, please allow an adequate amount of time to receive your books prior to the course start date.
- Underage Students: 16 and 17 year-old students must complete a dual enrollment form BEFORE the start date.
Records & Registration Specialist
Thank you for choosing Johnston Community College. Enjoy your course!