Faculty Support for Online Learning
Faculty Login Information:
- Visit PortalGuard to create or reset your password. You can also directly type http://portalguard.johnstoncc.edu into your address bar.
- Click on “Forgot Password”
- Enter your username provided to you by your supervisor, IT, or Human Resources.
- A one-time passcode (OTP) will be sent to the personal email on file in about 30 seconds. If you do not receive it, contact the JCC Consolidated Help Desk at (919) 209-2121 or email@example.com
You're good to go! Log into Self-Service, Blackboard, and other JCC web services using the same User ID and password.
(Please note - our network security settings require a new password every 90 days for all faculty, staff and students)
Blackboard Learn Original is the current online learning management system used for JCC online classrooms. JOLT manages the learning management system and can provide assistance during college business hours, but a 24/7 support center featuring live chat is available to assist with Blackboard problems after-hours, weekends, and holidays.
Brand new to Blackboard, or just need to brush up? Below are videos and links to web pages that include all you need to know!
This is the same content you will find at Blackboard's Faculty Quickstart website, but organized on a single page, by category, to make searching easier. All tutorials refer to Blackboard Learn version 9.1 but, because the product is very customizable, your system may look somewhat different from the examples. Video tutorials have a video camera icon. Printable tutorials have a PDF icon. All videos open in a new window.
Depending on the speed of your internet connection, videos may take a few seconds to load. Most videos are under three minutes in length. PDFs require the free Adobe Reader.
- Your Course Environment
- Select the Page Where Users Enter Your Course
- Adding a Banner to Your Course Entry Point
- Creating a Blank Page (for displaying content) on the Course Menu
- Uploading One or More Files to Your Course
- Adding an Avatar to Personalize your Course Environment
- Getting Started with Course Content
- Using the Text Editor
- How to Design Your Course Entry Point
- How to Edit Your Course Home Page
- Adding a Page to the Course Menu
- How to Add a Tool Link to Your Course
- How to Turn Tools On and Off in a Course
- How To Add Content to a Learning Module
- How to Add Partner Content and Textbooks to Blackboard Learn
- Attaching Files from Course Files in Blackboard
- How to Add/Create a Mashup (external videos, etc.)
- How to Add a Glossary Term
- How to Create a Profile
- How to use Student Preview