Financial Aid Eligibility
Check your Eligibility for Financial Aid
In order to receive most types of federal financial aid through JCC’s Financial Aid Office, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in an eligible undergraduate program of study.
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- Meet one of the following citizenship criteria:
- U.S. citizen
- U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain’s Island)
- U.S. permanent resident
- Have “refugee”, “asylum granted”, “Cuban-Haitian entrant, status pending”, or “conditional entrant”
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Certify that you are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant.
- Certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
Note: If you already have a bachelor's degree, you are only eligible for work-study aid.