Attend JCC Tuition-Free with the JoCo Commissioners Promise Program
Covers the cost of tuition for 2023 High School Grads and Continuing 2022 JoCo Commissioners
Students who graduate from a North Carolina high school this year can attend Johnston Community College for up to two years tuition-free. In addition, students awarded funds from the JoCo Commissioners Promise Program during the 22-23 school year may be eligible for second year funding.
The college is assisting with the full cost of tuition and fees for 2023 and continuing 2022 JoCo Promise recipients. Eligible students must be North Carolina residents as defined by the Residency Determination Service. Eligibility extends to those who earn their high school equivalency and those who are home schooled. Career & College Promise, Early College, and Career and Technical Leadership Academy graduates also qualify.
The JoCo Commissioners Promise Program bridges the gap in tuition not covered by Federal Pell grants or other state funds for up to two academic years(fall/spring).
Students will be responsible for the cost of textbooks, My Materials, lab kits, supplies, and program-specific fees.
Students must meet the following requirements to qualify for this program:
- Graduate from a North Carolina high school or earn a High School Equivalency in 2023 or be a continuing 2022 JoCo Promise grad.
- Be admitted to a curriculum program
- Complete the 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (JCC's school code is 009336.) *FAFSA required each school year.
- Be a resident of North Carolina as determined by the Residency Determination Service
- Enroll in at least six credit hours per semester
- Must have a 2.0 GPA at the end of the Spring term after the first year of JoCo Promise (second year requirement)
For more information about the program, call 919-209-2036.
JCC reserves the right to limit the number of students awarded and/or eligibility requirements.