The JoCo Commissioners Promise Program Assists With Tuition for
2023 High School Grads!
Students who graduate from a North Carolina high school this year can attend Johnston Community College this fall at little to no cost.
The college is assisting with the full cost of tuition and fees for 2023 high school graduates. Eligible students must be North Carolina residents as defined by the Residency Determination Service. Eligibility extends to those who earn their high school equivalency and those who are home-schooled. Career & College Promise, Early College, and Career and Technical Leadership Academy graduates also qualify.
The JoCo Commissioners Promise Program bridges the gap in tuition not covered by Federal Pell grants or other state funds for graduates during the 2023-24 school year.
Students will be responsible for the cost of textbooks, My Materials, lab kits, supplies, and program-specific fees.
Students must meet the following requirements to qualify for this program:
- Graduate from a North Carolina high school or earn a High School Equivalency in 2023.
- Be admitted to a curriculum program
- Complete the 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (JCC's school code is 009336.)
- Be a resident of North Carolina as determined by the Residency Determination Service
- Enroll in at least six credit hours per semester
Start your journey today and Apply Online!!
For more information about the program, call 919-209-2036.