What is the JCC Honors Experience?
The JCC Honors Experience allows eligible students to work with experienced and enthusiastic JCC faculty mentors on projects that specifically impact each student’s academic and career goals.
Follow us @jcchonors
Spring 2022 Deadlines
- 2/1 Choose a Mentor; Proposal ideas/drafts to mentors
- 2/1 Photo Release Form and Program Agreement Form due (links here online)
- 2/7 Completed proposal due to Honors Coordinator (via Honors Headquarters in Blackboard)
- 4/25 Virtual Presentations due
- 4/26 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM JCC Student Expo (Previously Honors Showcase)
Students must meet the following criteria to participate:
- Complete all courses that require a co-req (Math or Eng)
- Have no infractions involving academic integrity
- Be a JCC student during the semester of the Honors Experience
- Have at least a 2.5 college GPA
Why Complete a JCC Honors Experience?
- Work one-on-one with a faculty Honors Mentor to explore a topic that interests you
- Showcase your work to a larger audience at the end of the semester
- Gain valuable research and presentation skills needed to succeed in college and the workforce
- Build a body of work that you can showcase on college and scholarship applications, in interviews, and on your resume.
- Earn a certificate of completion and an Honors pin to wear at graduation.
- Build relationships with mentors and experts in your field of study who can recommend you for future projects, scholarships, and work or internship opportunities.