Advising and Registration
All CCP students are required to meet with an academic advisor each semester to register for college courses. Students should actively participate in their advising appointments, establish a relationship with their advisor, and begin to understand the benefits and challenges of the college experience.
During the advising appointment, your advisor will submit an advising plan to the Registrar indicating your desired courses. You are not yet registered for classes at that time. Advising plans will be processed in order of receipt and pending availability of courses. Verify your schedule in Self-Service.
- DO: Verify you do not have an outstanding account balance in Self-Service before scheduling an appointment.
- DO: Use your JCC email address and JCC student ID number to set up an Appointment-Plus profile.
- DO: Monitor your JCC inbox for appointment confirmation and advisor communication.
- DO: Review your pathway (Transfer or CTE) for required courses and build a desired schedule by searching for classes.
- DO: Schedule an appointment with an advisor from each of your current pathways if you intend to take courses in both.
- DO: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org from your JCC email account with drop/add requests.
- DON'T: Create an Appointment-Plus profile without a JCC student ID number as admittance to the program is required.
- DON'T: Schedule an appointment with an advisor outside of your current pathway(s).
- DON'T: Attempt to register yourself for classes in Self-Service.
- Go to Appointment-Plus
- Select Program of Study: CCP (High School Students Only)
- Select Appointment Type:
- CCP Advising: College Transfer-Arts/Science if you are in an Associate in Arts or Science Pathway
- CCP Advising: CTE Career & Technical Edu. if you are in a Career and Technical Education Pathway
- CCP Advising: Teacher Preparation/JoCo TEACH if you are in an Associate in Teacher Preparation Pathway or JoCo TEACH
- CCP Advising: College Transfer-Engineering if you are in the Associate in Engineering Pathway
- Select Advisor:
- CCP Advising: College Transfer-Arts/Science - any advisor that populates
- CCP Advising: CTE Career & Technical Edu. - advisor that indicates your pathway
- CCP Advising: Teacher Preparation/JoCo TEACH - advisor that indicates your pathway
- CCP Advising: College Transfer-Engineering - any advisor that populates
- Select a date and time for the appointment
- Follow prompts until appointment is finalized