Imaging In-service (Cardiovascular Sonography)
Intro to Cardiac Anatomy and EKG (SON 3001)
Why take this course?
- To better understand the normal anatomy and physiology of the adult heart.
- To appreciate the blood flow through the circulatory system.
- To understand the basics of the cardiac conduction system.
- To appreciate the normal cardiac cycle displayed on an electrocardiogram.
- To learn how to perform a standard 12-lead electrocardiogram
- To recognize normal electrocardiogram findings.
- To identify basic cardiac arrythmias.
- Receive additional points towards your point ranking in Cardiovascular Sonography!!!
- Pay for class with debit/credit card:
Complete your registration online through Self-Service Instant Enrollment
In Course Code box, type 'SON 3001' (click Search at the bottom of the page)
Click 'Select' button next to the class you wish to attend,
Then Add Section (class will be added to cart)
Click 'Next' and follow prompts from there to complete registration and make payment
- Paying for class by mail
Print the Continuing Education Registration Form (PDF)
Complete ALL highlighted sections and submit with payment to the mailing address listed on the top of the registration form. Please note: This method will be slower, and your requested class may not be available when the form arrives.
*** If you are having trouble with online registration, contact the CE Registrar at (919) 464-2918 with ONLINE REGISTRATION QUESTIONS ONLY ***
Registration fee: $75
View an explanation of registration fees
Saturday and Sunday - July 15th and 16th - Health Building F176 8AM-5PM (1 hour lunch)
*Students must attend both days of each session to receive credit. (Testing will be included and class location may vary.)
For more information, contact:
Steven M. Penny, MA, RT(R), RDMS (AB, PS, OB/GYN)
Sonography Programs Director