The College plans to resume placement testing in July for students entering in the Fall 2020 academic term. Admissions will contact students who require testing via the email address submitted on your application for admission. Please direct any questions regarding placement testing to email@example.com.
The EdReady test is the NC community college placement assessment that is designed to provide information about the academic skills of students in English, reading, and mathematics. The primary purpose of placement testing is to determine a student's preparedness for college-level coursework or to assess if a student would benefit from transitional courses. Placement testing is a valuable tool in ensuring that students are enrolled in courses that support student success.
Admissions placement testing occurs on JCC's main campus by appointment only. Appointments are made via the College's online scheduler, which is emailed to applicants if testing is required. You will be required to show valid photo identification before entering the Testing Center. Walk-in testing is not allowed.
Are you prepared to take the placement assessment?
By reviewing and taking practice tests, you can save lots of time and money because each pre-curriculum review course you take will cost you resources in pursuit of your certificate or degree. We strongly encourage all students to review available English, Arithmetic, and Algebra resources before taking EdReady.
What To Expect On Test Day
The Testing Center at JCC offers a testing environment exclusively dedicated to computerized testing. Expect your placement test to take 2-4 hours for completion so plan your day accordingly. Some students may take more than four hours to complete their placement test.
On your scheduled test date, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Arrive no later than 15 minutes before test time (arrivals more than 15 minutes late will not be allowed to test)
- Provide a current photo ID (driver's license, passport, military ID, Tribal ID, Naturalization Card, State, National, or Province ID)
- Hand-held calculators are provided so you will not need to bring your own
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Testing Center
- Cell phones, smartwatches, and Fitbits are not allowed at the testing station and they must be turned OFF and stored in a secure locker during testing
- Scratch paper and pencils will be provided but you may bring your own pencils if you desire.
A student may take the placement test twice for the duration of studies. Only one retest is allowed and must adhere to a minimum 10 day waiting period between tests. Before retesting, students are highly encouraged to utilize all available study resources to include the College's transition programs. During registration, first-time testers will have priority over retest students.
Request for your placement Test Scores
If you need your test scores mailed, emailed, or faxed to another community college, you may complete the JCC Release of Placement Test Scores online form.